Saturday, March 03, 2012

Living Room is getting there!


Well we took our time doing the living room and it is turning out so nice but I still need some help in the finishing touches and making it cozy and usable. I need to get some lighting in the room and some tables. I have seen a few that I LOVE at Kirklands, but they are all $80 or more and just really look like simple thrift store finds, so I need to start looking at the stores again.

Here is the before of the room:

And now here is the after: using my mood board that I talked about here. The bench I got from Kirklands clashed with all the patterns going on from the rug and the pillows so I returned it. I am going to keep looking for something to put there, not sure what to get. I also need help with that BIG wall on the side of the couch! It is HUGE and I want something dramatic there. I am thinking I will add a table to the corner of the room so I may not be needing to do the whole wall, not sure. The couch is from Ashley's Furniture and the rug is from O.com and I love it!! The pillows are too die for and from an etsy store called Pillow Link , she was so sweet and gave me a discount and she is from Lithuania!!

This is the hallway and the awesome print from World Market

Here is the room before the furniture arrived. Joe did a great job! As you can tell by looking at the mood board, I did not stray too much from what I wanted originally. I am very stubborn like that, if I want something a certain way then I am gonna make darn sure I get it like that! Any suggestions for the wall shoot them my way!!!



I joined a link party from your talking too much blog...check it out here and see other fun sites!!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Gah! I love your rug! Your living room is coming together so nicely. On your large wall - what would you think about doing gallery of different size pieces of art - straight across the bottom of the grouping, but with the top kind of randomly following the line of the ceiling???? It's kind of hard for me to tell since I can't see your whole room, but that would seem to be something to help break up all of the straight lines. Just a thought. I'm sure that whatever you decide to do will be wonderful! Visiting your from You Are Talking Too Much.

Dimond mine said...

Lovely luxurious home. Rooms are will decorated. Your site is very good and your content presentation is excellent. I really like your site. I have a great site about health and entertainment. If you have time do visit us.
Workout Plan & Healthy Eating

Gold Entertainment